In my goal to re-claim that girl I was, I am reintroducing the Awkward and Awesome.. for your reading enjoyment here are my favorites from the past little bit:
1. Walking out the back and seeing that my old man neighbor is wearing a shirt... JUST a shirt.
2. We are potty training over here (much to my objection actually). Took my little guy to the bathroom and after I am done, he says "good job mommy, good job pooping"....
3. My friend pointing out that the liner to one of our car seats has poop in it. And I'm pretty sure its a few days old. Hmmm... so that's where that smell was coming from.
4. I can't even count the times I have been to the gym and realize that I did not brush my teeth. To my credit, we go 4-5x a week at 8:30a and I have to get 4 little ones PLUS myself ready and out the door. My deepest apologies to whoever talks to me. At least I remember deodorant....
5. Trying to order a giro and shwarma. For some CRAzY reason, my mouth keeps saying Flaffle and Shwarma. It. was. ridiculous.
6. Keo smashing his mac n cheese then butter into the rug. AFTER painting it and the white wall purple. I later found him half-face- painted in Destitin and smelling awfully like my powder fresh secret deodorant. Yes... this was all on the same day and within and hour.
1. I'm 7 for 7 in waking up early to read my scriptures AND getting ready for the day. that includes hair and make up. I know!!! hold your applause please.
2. Look whose blogging again?!
3. I'm finally enjoying homeschooling my 6 yr old. Its only taken me 3 month to get to this place
4. I've made it down to 150lbs. Its been hard but I'm getting there. Only 30lbs to go... ugh
5. Signed up for a 10k. Its in 6 months. Doing a 5k at Thanksgiving then hopefully training for a Tri with McKay for the early summer time.
6. Just the fact that my phone is still working as I type this is pretty awesome. Dear Christmas, please come quick
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Hi. My name is Makana. I am a mom of 4, wife of 1 and more often than not I find myself un-loving who I am now.
It feel really good to put that out there. So many times
I tell others how wonderful and beautiful they are. I try to empower them. To inspire and to listen to the Spirit. More often than not, they just need a voice. They need to really hear what they already knew. Which is this: They are deserving. They are strong. They are smart and kind and irreplaceable. And that is honest to goodness the absolute truth.
With our not-so-recent move, addition of our twin girls, and trying to find my place again as a 35lbs heavier SAHM to a really wonderful man, life has taken a lot out of me. The to-do lists get longer and longer and my drive to be a better me gets dimmer and dimmer. Even writing (which I LOVE), has taken a back-seat. Actually, its not even in the car. Its more like on a train moving with bullet speed away from me.
Just this week I was told that I am too passive. Now that is a very true statement. I tend to not cause a fuss or speak my opinions etc. I don't know if it is that I am really that passive, I think its more of one of three things: that I either don't care, can't see it making a difference, or I don't want to cause contention. Sadly, most things fall into one of those categories.
I was also realizing that, despite Luminosity, I feel like my brain is slowly becoming mush. I came across this website, Get Your Girl Back and this article specifically. It brought to mind a few things... how my third grade teacher told me I was lousy at math. That semester in High School when my "friends" spread rumors about me. When my college track coach told me I needed to shed 20lbs. Or the time a boy I had liked and though it was returned told me he thought "he would probably be sick next week".
Now don't get me wrong, I have had really great moments of sels-esteem boosting. I have had great parents and grandparents. A wonderful support of a few very close friends and of course my McKay. Isn't funny how some labels stick with you though?
And so, I am taking back me. I want to feel like I have lived my life in a way that my Creator would be proud of. I am going to re-discover my love of writing, reading, photography. Of calling friends and sending birthday cards and..ahem... not complaining and speaking up. Of really loving the life I have and crossing those things off my bucket list. I want my family to love hanging out with me and have really great memories of childhood and of me as a wife and mother and sister and daughter and friend and disciple.
|not all siblings pictured|
Monday, September 29, 2014
Its hard to believe that two months has come and gone! This weekend we took some photos. The babies were blessed and it was just a really special time. I feel like these past two month have been a slice of heaven on earth.
My sister Lei made those fun hats! My cousins Amy and Margaret made the ones below
my sweet girls
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
There is a Perisan saying "Children are the bridge to Heaven."
There is something so beautiful about children and childbirth. Is it that you, as a woman, are creating something? And not just something... but a human. A person. A spirit and body combined to come to earth and to be taught and raised and loved and treasured. Shelby Osmond took these photos. They girls are only THREE DAYS OLD. I am SO happy that they were captured at such a young age. Fresh from Heaven. Every time I look at the photos (which are weekly), I remember everything. Finding out McKay and I were expecting, Then to find out we were having twins. What it felt like to carry them for 37 weeks and the pain and joy at bringing them into this world.
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Time flys when you are having fun. While this pregnancy has been one that makes me progressive more and more tired, we have been making a really big effort to make the most of our remaining time in Utah and without newborns.
I decided to summarize what our little family has been up to this past month. And maybe in another month I will post again. (photos are not in order)
-McKay graduated from BYU's MBA program in Marketing
-Jaedyn completed her first year of dance
-Keo got his first stitches (well, one stitch to be accurate)
-Spent 4 days on a cruise with friends w/o any kids (Thank you SO MUCH Mom for watching our kids for 3 weeks!!)
-Picked the kids up from the airport after the cruise and spent 5 days at Disneyland
-Went to the Grand Canyon for a day
-Tried to go to Yellowstone (it was closed) so we went to the Grand Tetons instead
-Grew out of half of my maternity clothes
-Packed up our apartment and moved
-Put our Utah home on the market
-Flew to Texas and found a place to live for the next year
-McKay has been catching up on golfing, tennis, and mountain biking
Monday, April 07, 2014
Sunday, March 30, 2014
At the end of each year, we have what a Closing Social. The past two years it has been at the Springhaven Cabin. The cabin is seriously gorgeous.
|we are both expecting twins, just a month apart|
I volunteered to put together a slideshow from the past year.
McKay really helped me fix it because it was a hot mess.
McKay really helped me fix it because it was a hot mess.
Here is the YOU TUBE LINK
While I get paid for photos, this blog is where I focus on journaling. Please don't judge my work from my posts.