Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And now for a more serious (and debatable post)...


Kermit the Frog had it right when he said "It ain't easy being green." Let me preface this post by saying that I am a firm believer that we should be good stewards over the earth that we have been given to live on. The environment and its resources have been given to us to be enjoyed and used, but as in all things, this should be done in moderation and we should look to protect it from avoidable degradation. This said, I think the the environmental and energy policies that the governments of this and other nations have come up with all in the name of "stopping global warming" are ridiculous and people need to be educated about the "inconvenient (for Al Gore and his posse) truth."
The above video is very informative and, in my opinion, very accurate portrayal of this so called Global Warming Scare. Its called "The Great Global Warming Swindle." Its long (1 hour), but I think it would be well worth your time to watch it. Basically, Al Gore's one argument that global warming is human caused was based on an mis-leading (and intentional) fact. He pointed out the trend that carbon-dioxide and global temperature are related. This is true. However, he lied when he said that it was the carbon dioxide that caused the temperature to rise, when it fact it is the other way around. When the earth's temperature goes up, the ocean's temperature does too. Now it is a fundamental thermodynamic principle that when a body of liquid heats up, more gas leaves (or escapes) into the air above it. This principle can be noted by watching water as it boils. You will see air bubbles rising from the bottom of the water to escape at the top. The ocean is the single largest reservoir of carbon dioxide and so as the earth's temperature goes up, more carbon dioxide will escape from the ocean into the atmosphere. This is the correlation between the two. So higher temperatures cause higher levels of CO2. I wouldn't make such a big deal about this if I didn't think there was more to it than just this. What these elite political leaders are doing is using global warming as a scare tactic to empower themselves and the UN. They are brainwashing everybody that it is real and since "nothing is being done at the local level" they will take action "to stop this tragedy. This new empowerment will give rise to a body of un-elected officials that will have the power to trump all national laws. Now there-in lies the scary part of this all.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Hey McKay, thanks for the post. Very informative. I actually told this to my property law professor who is a global warming nut (firmly planted in the al gore camp). And he said to me that it was humans that was making the temperature rise, thus causing the increased levels of carbon dioxide. I didn't know what to say to him, thus I acquiesced. I wish you could have been there with me to combat his rebuttal.
He started off the first day of class by saying, "Just so you all know, global warming is real and indisputable. Now moving on to the lesson..."
What would you have said to his charge that humans were causing the temperature to rise? I guess I need to study it more.

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...