Monday, May 19, 2008

Barefoot ladies and tricked out Mercedes....

I know, I know... summer does not officially start until June 21 but it has been just such fantastic weather and even a little bit on the warm side lately. I love love love the summertime. You know that song by Faith Hill, "Sunshine in the summertime"
That is my theme song.
Hey that's the way we do it
New friends and blue skies that never end
Hey that's the way we like it
Good times, sunshine and summertime

I love summertime for many reasons--the weather, endless sun. cool mornings and perfect evenings, BBQ's, beautiful sunsets, vacations, camping, bare feet and swimsuits, and of course, watermelon seed spitting contests!
Like I said already, it is great to be home again. We have had Jon with us and we celebrated his 19th birthday together. He wanted to go to Carl's Jr. And so we did. I guess in Texas there are not any Carl's Jr. around and so he has been going through withdrawals the past 6 months. It has also been an added bonus to have him visit because with the awesome weather now, the yard is just calling our names! It has been mowed, edged, planted, and conditioned. Oh, if you could just see it yourself you would be envious. We also have painted the inside of our beautiful home as well. Its looks like it has been completely remodeled. It has been hard work and yet worth every sweat drop. (Not mine of course, McKay and Jon and Cassidy)

No comments:

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...