Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Awesome Cookies with a few hints


I have a small love affair with chocolate chips cookies. For that reason, I don't make them often because when I do, I eat them all. Seriously, it is a disease. Well, I have not made any all summer long and I have been really craving them..... and, you guessed it. I have given in. But I decided that if i was going to make cookies, then they would be INCREDIBLE! So after doing research, I found some hints that you can use when you make cookies and believe me... it makes a difference. (They are in brown). Enjoy!
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups (12oz. package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl (Add one tablespoon milk). Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. (coat morsels with flour. This prevents them from sinking to the bottom of your cookie) Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (>5,200 feet): INCREASE flour to 2 1/2 cups; add 2 teaspoonfuls water with flour; reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake at 375*F, for 8 to 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Kristine Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bradley, MaryAnn, and Aimee said...

mmm...I love cookies! Thanks for posting this...I'll be sure to use this recipe one of these days. By the way, I hope all is going well with your pregnancy...we're so excited for you!

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...