Saturday, July 26, 2008

First time to downtown

Today we went to downtown Houston. Wow... it was a blast! We did a little sight seeing and out to dinner (of course), followed by a relaxing evening at ComedySportz. Oh, I can't forget to mention that we came home and watched Karate Kid 3. I love big cities as much as I love open countrysides.

There is an enormous waterfall wall in downtown. This was the backpart of it. Lots of people take pictures here for weddings or engagements or quincinera's. Across from the Waterwall is the Galleria. It is a gigantic mall. It reminded me of Honolulu becuase there were a lot of other ethnic groups, hummer limos, and expensive stores that some I could not pronounce. We decided to eat at the Cheesecake Factory... oh and that was funny!

There was a said store that was hard for me to pronounce. So, when we were asked for our names at Cheesecake, McKay, in all seriousness and looking as natural and calm as anything replies "Buyakia." I just started at him trying not to laugh right there at the hostess desk. (that was the name of the store). :)
Well, i had to get him back. Our poor server. We were sat quickly and the service was great. Our server asked us if we wanted anything to drink. McKay said water and I had pulled out my own bottled water from my ourse and said to our server "no thanks, I have some here." I think he thought were were going to be cheap tippers so he didn't really come around after that to wait on us. I don't blame him. But it was so worth it.

6 comments:

Tina said...

That is so funny about the water. I love it when the server asks you what you want to drink and when you say water they look at you like, "of course you do...."
I'm glad you got out and went to downtown. How are you feeling? You're leaving for Utah next week for the wedding huh? Give my best to the bride!!! Good luck with the last 6 weeks of pregnancy. It's almost over!

Bradley, MaryAnn, and Aimee said...

oh how fun! sounds like you guys had a blast. i miss cheesecake factory...so yummy! i hope things are going well during these last few weeks of your pregnancy. let us know as soon as your little one arrives!

Jessica and Bradley James Olsen said...

Hi Makana, you look fabulous! almost their, cant belive how fast time flies by. Hope the moving was survivable and getting into your new home. Good luck with the delivery, I am excited for you.

Cassie said...

You look so happy!!! I miss you everyday but thankfully I have a ton of great memories that we've shared:) I can't wait to see pictures of Jaedyn! Take care of yourself Kana. Love you!

Zachary and Christen Funk said...

You are SUCH a cute pregnant lady. I am totally trying that chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I too share the cookie monster disease.

Boyack Family said...

Makana you look great! 37 days to go. . .Wahoo! Now if I could only get little Evelyn to remember that her birthday could be today. . . that would be great. I'm thinking she might make me wait another two weeks - the little turkey :) Love you! Natalie

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...