When I was a young tyke, I had the BEST imagination. I would pretend that I was a princess held captive by an evil step-mother, or that I a long-lost twin emerge after years of not knowing her or that I could fly or that... well, you get the point. I love to write fiction and watch drama's and, on occasion, I have been known to be a tad bit dramatic myself.
Well, one of the most real-pretend worlds I lived in was with my two fantastic imaginary friends; Sally and Marci. I think they were inspired from the Peanuts comic strips. They were so very real to me and would go on vacation to exotic places and have amazing adventures in far-away lands with unicorns, dragons, giants, and just about whatever else a little girl thinks of. My favorite memory that my mom like to relate is that of when my uncle came over with his brand new red truck. I just looked at it and said "Sally and Marci's dad has a new truck. And their's has rainbows on it." I then smartly marched away. No doubt with my nose a bit high in the air.
I think that playing pretend and having a fantastic imagination are essential. And so when I came across the below article I had to share it with all of my faithful readers. Enjoy!
• At your baby shower, pretend you understand how the diaper disposal system works. (I got that one under control, it's the breast feeding I am stuck on)!
• When installing your car seat, pretend your partner doesn't seem like an extra from The Planet of the Apes.
• Pretend it was the dog who farted. (I hardly ever farted compared to how much I expel now)!!!!!
• Pretend that onion rings are part of the "best-baby" diet. (I would have to say German pancakes and nachos)
• Pretend your prenatal vitamin is buried at the bottom of the ice cream container. (Amen to that)!!!
Happy Mothers day to all you Mommas. My kids told me that Mothers Day is like my birthday, they have to be nice all day! I was thinking ...
Here is a favorite lesson for our family. I just put magnetic thingies on the back and it generally hangs on our fridge while we have family...
They are also known as Family nights. Still no clue what I am talking about? In my church, we have asked to set aside time each week to...
Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...