Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sleep has gone on vacation

Well, it is 1:37am right now and this is not the first time I have been victim of my precious sleep taking a leave of absence. While just last night it was almost sunrise before I was able to find dream land... and yet, soon I know that sleep will come back and be my visitor. But probably not for the next few months from what I hear.

I am now 9 months pregnant! YAHOO! Now I am anxious for that little one to come out of me and join both McKay and I in the world. It is a bit daunting to think about. But I have loved so many things about being pregnant and at now 1:40am I need to remind myself to look on the bright side.


I love feeling her move, eating ice cream and not feeling guilty, picking out pink, and setting up her crib and bedroom. I love when she is so active it feels like a rollercoaster and then watching McKay's expression as he feels her move too. That is classic and one I wish I could capture. Looking at newborn pictures, waiting in the lobby for the Dr., and yes---even the late nights when the house is sleeping becuase it is so peacful.

7 comments:

Eric, Dee Dee, and Braxton said...

Makana, you look adorable! Even without sleep! Good luck with delivery. It is a wonderful experience. I hope everything goes well for you. We miss you in YW as well. The girls all love you so much. I will keep them posted on your baby!

sarah tangataevaha said...

look at that hot mama!! i love your belly, i wish i was there to rub it. you are going to be an amazing mom. As soon as you take her home, it will be hard to remember your life without her. everything will come so naturally, its a bit scary. good luck, i cant wait to see her!

Tina said...

I loved feeling my babies move inside me and I truly missed it once they were out. I can't wait for a third (someday) to feel that again. You look great!!! Good luck getting sleep!

cambridgeclan said...

Makana, It is so fun to see you pregnant. You look great. These midnight wakings are just to get you ready for your little one. Come visit my blog if you want. Naomi
cambridgeclan.blogspot.com

Stefanie Stephenson said...

hey little miss prego! it looks like you're ready to pop! Do you feel like that?
Well, yes, we are in China. We got here a few days ago. And...how am I ignoring you? That was the first you've written me.

Meg said...

aww, look at the belly! You look great Makana! Hang in there girl! The last couple weeks are hard because you just want the little one to hurry up and come out already...it will happen!! Good luck with it all. Are you getting drugs or be crazy and opt out?? :)

The Tea Leaf said...

you look really good! I hope everything is going well. I'm so excited for you.

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...