Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Little Sleeping Beauty....






So..... I hope that you enjoy a few of these pictures. We have been getting used to the way our camera works and I think we finally have got the hang of all the features... well, most. Anyhow, as McKay said, we have a BABY! Our not-so-little Jaedyn Maliana Hansen was born on September 12 at 3:22 am. She weighed in at 8.5 pounds and measured 20 inches long. The delivery went really well and we had a great Doctor and incredible nurses the entire time. I delivered at Methodist Willowbrook and highly reccomend it if you are in the area.

My water broke at about noon but I was not wanting to go into the hospital only to be sent walking around the mall or home until the contractions start. So I spent the next 4 hours making sure the house was clean and cooking dinner. When McKay came home I called into the hospital to see what they thought; if I should come in or stay. About an hour later they called back and said to come in so at 5:30pm I was admitted to the hospital.
The contractions started pretty quickly after I was admitted and I went all natur`al for the first few hours. WOW.... OUCH!!! I was able to finally get a epidural and very soon I couldn't feel anything from about my chest down. Not even the pressure from the contractions. Looking at how hard the contractions were on the screen following I was very glad to not feel anything. McKay and I slept for the next few hours until I was dialated enough to push. Only 20 minutes later we welcomed our little miracle Jaedyn into the world.
We are so happy and both have become complelty smitten by this little girl. She has us both easily around her 10 perfect little fingers. McKay is wonderful at changing her and burping her for me and has to be sure he gets his baby time to hold her and play with her each day.
She has dark brown hair but the tips are blond and her eyes are blue thus far. She is pink and plump and loves to sleep and it is difficult to get her awake when it is time to eat. She loves to sleep with her hands above her head and be stretched out as far as she can go. We just feel so blessed and love her so much.

17 comments:

The Parrys said...

OUCH IS RIGHT! The epidural was SO nice huh? haha. My epidural worked for about 12 hours then stopped working once I finally got dilated to a 9.. and HOLY COW! I dont think I will ever have the guts to do it natural. Good for you for trying though :). She is so cute!!! Dark hair and blue eyes! Gorgeous. She's gonna be a heartbreaker :). Im glad McKay is a good little daddy. Having a helpful husband is so wonderful! Babies are so much work but SO much fun! I hope youre doing well. Call me if you are ever bored and let me know how youre doing. Talk to you soon!

Joe and Jessica Elmer said...

Congratulations guys! She's adorable. We are glad that everything went well. See you when you make it back to visit>

kaysi and nick fox said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! makannnnnaaaaa and mckay!!! she is SOOOO beautiful!!! i want to see her so bad!!! when is the next time you guys are coming out this way?!?!

The Tea Leaf said...

So glad everything went well.. Those are sweet pictures.

Tina said...

Oh, she sure is beautiful!!!! I've been so worried about you guys and was very relieved to hear that you delivered before the Hurricane came. I can't wait to see her soon!! Enjoy every moment with her! The pictures are incredible!! Thanks for sharing.

Patrick and Natalie Nelson said...

CONGRATS!!! We're so happy for you! She is beautiful! Waow! Our little ones will only be a little over a week a part! How fun! Love you!

Boyack Family said...

Beautiful Pictures!!
and . . .Well done MOMMY Kana! Pretty amazing drugs eh?! Whew! The blessings of becoming a mommy in this day and age :) What a wonderful Hubby you've got there! It's such a blessing to have a companion that's not afraid to help out with the little babes, I know you need it! LOVE YOU! xoxox Natalie

Boyack Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cambridgeclan said...

Congratulations. The first person she reminded me of was her uncle Cliff. Being a parent is so much fun. Good job Makana. P.S. Set the date on your camera:)

Stefanie Stephenson said...

Congratulations again! She really is adorable, and it doesn't suprise me at all that you've already had a photo shoot:) You did it!

AMBER said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so glad she came before the hurricane. That is a blessing. So, our house faired well, just some shingles lost and a little water in the front window but that is it. Our street doesn't even looked touched. See you at church and at your house or my house for some football games.

hawaiians4life said...

congrats you guys on your new arrival- she is just darling! it gets better everyday! i hope kalea and jaedyn become good friends :)

Jeremy and Chelsey Hansen said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited that she's finally here! She's beautiful. You're amazing. 8.5 is big!!! Way to go! I'm glad you guys are also safe from harms way with the hurricane! keep posting!

Holli said...

Congrats on being Parents!!! Isn't it crazy how much you fall in love with that little one. I remeber when Carder was 6 weeks old my mom offered to watch him for the night, I was so exhausted I complied and I was just in tears that night because I missed the little guy so much. But I am way jealous of your little sleeper...mine thinks he's way old and thinks he only needs to sleep a couple hours a day...Oh if they only knew how good they have it :)

Josh, Kim & Kapri said...

Makana!!!! Im so happy for you! I think she has a lot of your traits!!! I see the limary side in her...hows the no sleep thing? -Kim

The Foulgers said...

She is gorgeous!!! I'm soo glad your labor went so well- whew!!! Isn't amazing- true love at first sight! Love the pictures!

Love you!

Angela said...

Could you have made a more perfect baby?! She is so gorgeous. I am so glad to hear you are doing well through all this Ike stuff. Jaedyn will have a new little girl cousin in the next couple of weeks! I can't wait to see you guys :)

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...