Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Atheist sign joins nativity scene, tree at Capitol

Last night we were watching "The O'Reilly Factor." I could not believe that I was actually watching this take place! Here is an article on it. I agree with Bill that this is disrespectful. They believe in Winter Solstice, not Christmas, which is fine for them. But to put a sign degrading a religious holiday is over the line. It seems that, as also seen with prop 8, the MINORITY groups are now being catered and favored to over the majority. How far will this go?

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- An atheist group has unveiled an anti-religion placard in the state Capitol, joining a Christian Nativity scene and "holiday tree" on display during December.
The atheists' sign was installed Monday by Washington members of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, a national group based in Madison, Wis.
With a nod to the winter solstice - the year's shortest day, occurring in late December - the placard reads, in part, "There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."

5 comments:

the hamms said...

When I lived in San Jose I heard about some parents who were mad that the Winter Wonderland party could not include anything pertaining to Christmas. So the parents brought a cake that said Happy Birthday Jesus!!

Autumn Moses said...

That reminds me of the Nephies who faithfully waited for the coming of the Lord and for the signs of his birth and of his death. Often times when I hear these stories I think of how wicked a world we are living in.

I know better understand why President Hinkley asked us to Stand for something.

Autumn Moses said...

P.S.- I'm blog stalking you again... muahahaha

Summer Carlile said...

People are nuts! They need to read the 11th article of faith.

Bradley, MaryAnn, and Aimee said...

This is absolutely absurd! It's so true...just allowing a slight degree of evil really makes a huge difference in the end! By the way, I really like youre background...it's so cute! I checked out the place you got it from and changed ours too! :) Thanks.

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...