Sunday, July 05, 2009

Oh Dallas....


See the "X". That is where JFK was shot. Big attraction. People run out in the busy street and take a picture on the X before traffic comes along.
The cousins July 4th picture together. Jacob, John, Cloey, Jaedyn
At the Dallas Temple. It was really bright. Cloey is shading her eyes

Well, I can not get this to stay right side up. Anyhow, there is a park with all of these statues of long-horned cattle being herded.


a Pictures: The famous Pegasus. Lovers Lane, Jaedyn at a park in Dallas w water,


Pictures: I got us matching Flag Shirts. :)
Picture with a cowboy at the Forth worth Stock Yards.
Girls Only picture
Picture






We LOVED our July 4th trip to Dallas. We had stayed at this great B&B called "Knudsen Inn". We even had built in helpers for Jaedyn. We saw long-horned cattle, goats (none of which were named Pig), and even witnessed a cowboy shoot out.

We went to see our cousins Tina and Tyler bless their little boy John (who I kept calling Jacob).
We were fed so well and treated like royalty. Thank you Tina and Tyler!

We went to the horse races which, if you looked close at the ticket, you read "NO SMOKING" (in small, tiny printing). And we saw where JFK was killed (is it strange and creepy to anyone else that something like that is a tourist attraction?), and met some interesting people.

lone stranger: (to me) Oh, your baby is so cute.
Me: Thanks (really, this happens everywhere we go all of the time. She is cute though)
lone stranger: Uhm, is he (meaning Jaedyn who has a bow in her hair and is wearing a skirt with red ruffles and pink sandels) a boy or a girl
Me: Oh, she is a little girl (I look at Jaed and think, maybe if she wears makeup and wears high heels it would be more obvious)
lone stranger: (i imagine feeling really awkward at this point) She is just darling! (and walks off feeling perhaps a little embarrassed and me just laughing at the whole thing)

More funny conversations:
We stayed up "late" (late for us: after 10pm) playing PIT. There are 4 of us. Tyler, Tina, McKay and I.
Me: Wow, this game you have to play with at least 3. That's too bad you can't play with two
Tina: (she starts crackin' up) How would you play with two?!
Me: (I picture this event, two people playing PIT.) I start cracking up also.
Pretty soon, we are all laughing , tryimg to be quiet about it since all the kids are sleeping.
ok, that was a lot more funny when it happened

The same night, Cloey comes out of her room and sees us with the jug of licorice. She starts crying and says "Don't eat all the candy!"

You know the "Dad Jokes?" The not-really-funny-mostly-cheesy-jokes that only Dad's tend to tell. McKay is getting SO good at them. He is recording the cattle drive down at the Fort Worth Stockyards and sees a WORNG WAY sign and says "Oh, hurry! Someone tell the cows they are going the wrong way!"

Man, after re-reading this, none of it seems as funny as it did at the time... oh well.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I sooo find it all funny!! Hmm, I guess I WAS there. I started laughing when reading the whole PIT story. It truly was funny trying to picture just two people playing.
There still was plenty of "candy" left for Cloey. We'll have it for another week I'm sure.

Don't worry, Jaedyn is adorable. Even Tyler said so. Maybe wait just another year or two before the makeup!

I had so much fun while you were here. It truly lifted my spirits. Thanks for all the good times. Sorry we kept you up so late...

marcia said...

Wow, that sounded like so much fun! I'm so glad the cousins could get together for a short visit.

Jaedyn definitely doesn't look like a boy in those pictures. Shes so cute. So are your 3 kids Tina and Tyler. I love how Cloey seems to love being Jaedyn mommy.

Mckays officially a dad now that hes got the jokes down.

Yea it is strange to have JFK's place a tourist attraction altho I'd probably want to see it as well since its part of history.

Bradley, MaryAnn, and Aimee said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Jaedyn is getting so big and so cute!!! I still don't know where we'll end up moving to, but we're looking in Texas as well for jobs for Brad! I think it would be really fun to move there, even though we've never met in person, but I really do think we could become really good friends. And our girls...oh our girls...could grow and play together!! What fun! I get excited just thinking about it. :)

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...