Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Deciding to not or to....


I did it. I made a decision. Amazing, I know. Hold your applause please until the end.

I recently decided to be a super-duper-amazing-perfect-10 mom and wife. I am happy. I am at peace.
and
I decided that, in general, people who enter into my realm of friendship rarely stay there. Its not me, its you. And I am not saying that to be rude. I probably should not say it at all. Now I have to clean my windows... but it ties into my next thought.....

You really never know why people do things they do. What made them decide that over this? I don't know. But that it why I just have to love them. You don't. But I will. At least I will try. I have a big heart and that sometimes  (i mean often) backfires.

Blah blah blah... is anyone even reading this? It doesn't matter. Because I decided that I am really the only one that can make myself feel a certain way.

So back to my original decision, I know that I will not always be a 10. But I can try. I can put on a happy face when I want to roll me eyes. I can use a soft and kind voice when I want to cry and scream. And I can always say yes to every adventure God sees fit to give me, good and easy or not so much. And whether that means I will be an afterthought to friends and sometimes family, so be it.

Because we all have trials and weaknesses. Thank God for them. It keeps me humble and on my knees.

the end. 

6 comments:

Kelsi Hansen said...

Bravo I agree Makana. It is making that first decision that leads to progress. And for the record I think you are a ten as a wife, mother, and sister :)

Shelby said...

I was going to say the same thing but then I read Kelsi's comment but I i will say it too... I think your a ten wife, mother and sister and I think the world needs more Makana's :)

Lindsey and Jared said...

I love you Makana, I always have. You are a 10, in my book.

The Sapp's said...

I totally love this post! I often think about this same thing and am also working towards a 10. :) And I'm sure you're an awesome wife and mother and friend as well!

kaysi fox said...

i agree with kelsi makana!!! you're amazing in everything you do!!!! i love you girl & that island looks amazing!!! if you guys go you have to take a ton of pictures!!!!!!! :)

The Parry Family said...

is there a love button? you are great!!

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...