Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mixed Emotions

I am sitting here thinking "How can I be more witty" I want to be. I just am not sure how. My emotions are all mixed up right now. My friend is expecting a baby. Her first. I used to nanny her. She will be such a good mom. Another friend called and told me her niece passed away. She would have been 2 in Nov. It was unexpected. The media is riddled with awful things they tout as news and as a family we are in the "war chapters" of the Book of Mormon.

Interestingly....

Last night I felt all warm inside as I was able to life another's burden. Not that I am saying this to get praise, but only because I feel like I offer help and lot and this was the first time in a while that I felt that all-over-good-sensation. I slept really well for the first time in a week and thus far this morning I have done nothing of importance

Except for...
snuggling with the toddler, seeing the hubbs off to work and giving out kisses, making breakfast, communion with God, planning the hubbs 7 day bday countdown, and playtime with my ever-more-precious toddler.

I have had a lot of thoughts and mixed emotions. And my increasingly philosophical, handsome and single brother sent this:


Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts.
Charles Dickens


Wise words Charlie. And here is pict of my bro for all you single ladies. He lives in hawaii.



2 comments:

marcia said...

I love your posts. Love the quote and your thoughts.Makes me think of small blessings i take for granted especially when I hear of the death of a child.

The Parry Family said...

what a great quote. i cant tell you enough that i love your posts. i really do! send me an email woman!! i cant seem to contact you!

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...