Thursday, September 09, 2010

Six Flags+Alamo+family=San Antonio

Howdy y'all!

Whoever thought of Labor Day was GENIUS! I seriously think that we should have a 4 day weekend once a month at least. We really had a great time. I think beside me just talking I will rather show you. But for the sake of ... sake, here is what we were able to do: Alamo, eat on the Riverwalk, Six Flags and waterpark, Birthday party for the Toddler, San Antonio Temple, Japanese Tea Gardens, Cathedral, Governors Mansion, King William Historical District, pizza and blue bell ice cream, swimming, and the list goes on. (and forgive the obviously edited photos. I am playing around with a editor and getting used to it all. They are awesome though!)
The toddler and Grandma hand in hand
the hubbs, Mrs. Stephens, and future PA
aside from the highly chlorinated indoor pool that bleached everything, future PA did snap this great photo of yours truly and the toddler
perfect example why a good camera matters. This was a snapshot. I love that the background is faded
all of us at Six Flags, not that the giant Tweety and big banner behind didn't tell you that already. We took turns going on big rides and taking the Toddler on rides for her species. Grandma did most of it though...
and true to form the toddler DID NOT want to leave this one. 
The hubbs, Mrs. Stephens and Future PA at one of the missions. Before Church we toured the Mission Trail. I am not sure what to say about this pose though. Any suggestions? Anyone, anyone?
We loved riding teh dtreetcar. Although one night as we diligently waited, we found ourselves in teh middle of a pub run. Yes. it is what you think it is. Run from one bar to another. I am pretty sure that cannot be good for anyone.... even the superheros that joined in. 
Talk about buns that are hard as rock! (above)
(Below) we spent part of a day playing in this plaza with the water. 
(above) I need your input. I am thinking about using one of these for our Christmas cards this year. Which one, if any, do you like?
(below)Grandma got a new camera! This was her first time getting to use it an boy did she take a lot of pictures! 

So, with all that "said" if you have not visited us, you should. And if you have not gone to San Antonio, you should do that too. And now I am off to finish preparations for the SuperWHY party for the toddler this weekend. 

6 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Makana!! Your weekend sounded and looked like so much fun. All that family time is making me miss my own family. I haven't seen them since July of 2009 so I'm anxious to see them. How fun to have visitors and travel to San Antonio. We loved it there. Oh, and good luck this Saturday with the big b-day party. Looks like a TON of people are attending. It will be so great!!

The Parry Family said...

love your posts. glad to see you are BACK :). i need to save this one now. did i ever tell you that i got a new email? and a new blog? i also am no longer an author on ifihadananny because my acct no longer exists. so, will you re-add me? i have lots of fun projects :) anyhoo. glad to see youre doing well and youre teaching?!?!? thats wonderful! im sure you are a wonderful teacher! how fun! miss you guys! when are you coming to visit? :)

Shelby said...

Oh boy did I miss out sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and kelsi looks like a flying lemur in her jumping photo haha. And I like the photo on the left for your christmas photo, its warmer than the blue tint one. Have fun this saturday!

Shelby said...

Oh boy did I miss out sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and kelsi looks like a flying lemur in her jumping photo haha. And I like the photo on the left for your christmas photo, its warmer than the blue tint one. Have fun this saturday!

marcia said...

Camt believe you got me lying down taking that pic. Ha! What a great weekend we had. You are a really great photographer. Maybe someday I'll get that good.

JDizzle said...

It looks like you guys had too much fun without us, but I guess it has to happen that way sometimes. In the words of King Agripa.. You almost persuade me to be a Texan...

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...