Friday, October 01, 2010

October. You came. And now I cant go shopping

Breathe. The air is cool and crisp and according to Michael Scott, fall is upon us. I still have yet to get out my fall decor... more precise, Halloween decorations. But I am in no hurry.

October marks the beginning of the end of the year. We (meaning people), spend Oct getting ready for Halloween, then Nov is Thanksgiving and getting addresses and taking family pictures for the expected Christmas letter and before we can blink, 2011 is upon us.

I decided to use October as a month to see what my news years resolution should be. Its really great since the first weekend is General Conference. Last year my goal was to not buy any new clothes. Rather make it if I need an update to my wardrobe. I have to say it has been fun.

As I shopped with my trusty coupons at the store today, I thought "I bet I can go a whole month without shopping." I know I will need to get eggs and milk but I think I can do it.

Oh, and if you are reading this, you may want to invite us over for dinner. I am little nervous. I can't wait to make these little guys from bakerella though.
IMG_6101 IMG_0297

2 comments:

Kelsi Hansen said...

Hey this goal of yours sounds like my entire goal for college. But the real reason I'm commenting is to say that I read your laugh out loud section. And that I did. That last comment was especially amusing.

The Parry Family said...

those look fun!! post when you make them to let us know how it turned out. you are such an example to me, seriousely. i need to be better about new years resolutions.

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...