Thursday, January 06, 2011

Da Mama Kana and Dad Kay

I was writing about this in Jaedyn's own online journal and I thought I should share it with those of you who don't live close to us or haven't seen us in awhile. "Mama Kana" is what the Toddler calls her mom. We love it and think it is adorable. She first started calling her that when she went to Sacramento for her Aunt's wedding. Everyone there called her "Makana" so she must have thought "why am I the only one calling her Mom?" So she combined the two "Mama Kana." In Utah she saw me and called me "Kay" "Dad". Mostly I am just "Dad," but I still get "Kay" sometimes. In addition, she also came up with a different version for the Momma in Utah when you started also calling her "da Kana Mom" as in "wherz da Kana Mom?" and "ders da Kana Mom".

3 comments:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

That is so cute!

Tina said...

Now that made me smile!!!
How cute! I want to hear her say it now because it just sounds too adorable!!!

Kelsi Hansen said...

Ah I miss little Jaedyn walking around the house saying that. I loved that.

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...