Friday, January 28, 2011

its been a week

On Sunday we had a lesson in RS about simplifying. RS, other wise known as Relief Society, otherwise known as the largest womens organization in the world, is something that everyone should be a part of. Yes, even if you are not Mormon. Its kinda awesome. It really does change lives. Aside from that however, is that I have been contemplating my relationship with God, my family and fellowman. And I have come to the conclusion that....

I am loved. Everyone is loved. By God.

He knows me.

He knows my needs.

He hears and answers my prayers.

He knows my hearts of hearts and what a need.

And... I have proof. Yup. Absolute proof.
It started on Sunday. I thought about using the toddler and her lack of sleep the night before as an excuse not to go. I felt ugly. I felt fat. And in a closet of clothes my spoiled self had "nothing to wear". I am glad I went. It was a wake up call. On three separate occasions I was told by three people all in various circumstance of how much I am loved and appreciated. Needless to say, on a day like I felt I had, I was all teary-eyed.

But it didn't stop there. Throughout this week of introspection I have been given daily doses of seemingly unordinary reminders of love. A sweet email, a FB comment from a long-ago friend, special attention from my family, a "how are you" during a role play experience that left me feeling it was really ME she was asking about, not my character. The list goes on and on.

Forgive me for being so personal. I know we all have felt sad and unimportant. And I just don't want to forget that I have been the recipient of daily doses of God's love this week. Because, truly it has been a week. And without Him, I would be weak.

And what would be a worthwhile post without a picture to attend it?
So, here is a random one from Christmas 2010 of the toddler "tough-loving" her cousin. Both are reasons enough of God's love

4 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Makana, I feel the same way about my week. I just posted all about it just this very minute. We truly are blessed and loved by our Heavenly Father. It's nice to get reminders every once in awhile!!

Kelsi Hansen said...

Great message Makana. Thank you for sharing. It is great to remember how much the Lord really does for us in our life.

marcia said...

I loved that.You have such great thoughts that I relate to. And you have touched my life in so many ways since you came into the family. Actually that sounds strange because it seems that you have always been part of our family. I can't imagine our family without you. It wouldn't be half as good without your love, smile and goodness. love you Makana

Bemily said...

This was a great post, Makana. One that I needed to hear! Love you!

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...