Sunday, March 13, 2011

Family Motto

Janice Kapp Perry. I owe you.

We had the privileged of having her come and speak to us. Her and her quite inspired husband both spoke to us. What was said was so special there are not even words for it. It did strike a forgotten thought though. And that was thought filed away somewhere was on our non-existing family motto.

After reading this coupled with the presentation, we came up with this.



The toddler inspired it actually. She has been pretty sick and it has been a bit scary. We have found family mottos we like but I think that taking someone'e else's just defeats the purpose. Like this one. Wish I would have come up with it myself. But I was inspired so mission accomplished.

Now I am getting off track.

Well the toddler has been sick... blah blah blah blah ... ok. And in her most delirous moments she is crying and shaking and then screaming and crying again and she says "Momma! Wer you?!" And then she starts to sing "lead.... guide.....wok uhside me...."

oh geeze, I am getting the keyboard all sorts of wet now.

8 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Makana!! Is everything ok? That totally jerked at my heart strings. I'm so sorry to hear she's been so sick but what a great motto!! Let me know if I can do anything! Sure love you guys!!

Kelsi Hansen said...

That was precious.. the things little kids say. I think I teared up myself.

Shelby&BrandonOsmond said...

Ok that just made me cry. I hope everything is ok! You need to tell us whats going on so we aren't left in the dark. I'm so sorry to hear she''s sick and I hope she is feeling better. ANd I love that motto. Really amazing.

BBC said...

Oh, Makana! I didn't know that your sweetheart was sick. I will be keeping you and the family in my prayers! I hope she feels much better, soon.
Lots of love to you!

Bemily said...

Poor little girl! Is she doing okay?? What a sweet baby girl you have to sing that song. I'm tearing up about it. Let me know if I can do anything!

marcia said...

I hope she's better today. Especially so you're not feeling stressed and worried about her while your at trek. I love that motto. Out of the mouth of babes. Pretty awesome.

Liselle said...

love the motto!! how precious that it came from jaedyn too. im sorry shes been so sick!!! how sad!! i hope she gets better soon! :)

Erin Despain said...

I read this awhile ago and I just wanted to thank you for posting it! It gave me the idea to come up with a family motto for my little family.

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...