Friday, March 25, 2011

I have something to tell you

and it involves Australia and the three of us. But, until then (possibly Monday), I will share something else.
I went shopping. Clothes shopping. Today. Hello its a big deal! Last year I took a vow to not shop for a year. When I made that I should have gone shopping and got new jeans and basic tees etc. But I didn't. And I still haven't got new jeans. I should. They have holes. And I am sure I am unsightly... or super cool. That all depends on who you ask I suppose. My mom says unsightly. My teenage brother says cool.

anyhow.....


The toddler will wear clothes ONLY if I can convince her it is "PRINCESS" worthy AND if it is a skirt/dress. I made all of these hoping it would improve her sad closet state. (there is also a Texas Longhorns one I made from an old t-shirt I forgot to snap a picture of)

The last one I made a skirt to match since this little girl thinks that the momma needs to wear skirts all the time too. I thought I was just so crafty and she would love it and shower me with hugs and kisses and adoration and....
Now doesn't that face say happy! Its even A tinkerbell dress. Yeup, she hates it. She won't wear it. She gets more excited over eating broccoili. 
I think the best part is that while shopping today she picked out a pink shirt for the hubbs. She said he needed to be a princess too. :) 


9 comments:

the momma-kana said...

for the record it is a cool pink. Its manly. Not hot pink and no sparkles. I LOVE having a girl!

Dave and Mandi said...

You are so-o talented. I LOVE the dresses, darling!

marcia said...

Makana you can do everything. Those dresses are darling. I love the colors. Wheres a picture of your skirt? I love pink on guys.

Shelby&BrandonOsmond said...

Um.. if you go to Australia I will be green for the rest of my life.
And hello ms Talented! Why don't you post some tutorials on how to do those dresses so that one day when I have a girl you can teach me!
And yes brandon has a pink shirt and a purple shirt. I think they are very manly.

Tina said...

Way to go Makana... Oh, I mean superwoman!!!! You are always coming up with something fabulous aren't you? Oh, and I can't wait to find out more info about the whole Australia thing. Can I come?!?!

Liselle said...

LOVE the dresses!! you are amazing. how sad she wont wear it though! maybe she'll change her mind. and i agree with your friend.. tutorials!!!! did you ever start another blog to post sewing projects? i wanna see it if you did. youre amazing!

Kelsi Hansen said...

You piqued my interest.. so I'll be patiently waiting to hear about Australia. Also I think holes in jeans are cool, and Jaedyn does look thrilled to be eating broccoli.

Oh, Sweet!... said...

I'm so impressed but not surprised! You are amazing! Thanks for sharing the cute pictures! I love the video of Jaed! Poor thing! Just put her to bet! :)

Bemily said...

OH. My. Goodness. WOW! I am so loving those dresses. You are so talented!!
AUSTRALIA?! I'm excited to hear.. :)

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...