Thursday, April 07, 2011

Awkward and Awesome... I WON!

One of my favorite blogs is this gal. And as I walked in today to my room and felt embarrassed and KNEW i had to talk about it. So... here is my Awkward and Awesome Thursday.

Awkward:
1) having to spell check Awkward EVERY TIME I write it
2) realizing I left my work out clothes on the bedroom floor in my rush to get ready for work. Usually not a big deal EXCEPT that the maintainance guy was over while I was at work and my cute blue undies were right there in the MIDDLE of the floor. (I am HOPING it was camouflaged by my blue running shorts)
3) "You should never sew on Sunday" What was going through my head in my mom's voice as I tried to sew on Sunday only to have the sewing machine stop. A lot. She was right.
4) walking out for enrichment and the hubbs says "uhm... are those your new/old jeans you cut?"
Me: yup, and they are so comfy!
Hubbs: They are kinds trashy
5) wearing my red lipstick feeling OH SO HOT and the toddler pointing at me and laughing saying "mommy silly lips!!!

Awesome:
1) actually making dinner every night this week. None of which included leftovers
2) Baby is almost potty-trained!
3) using my old holey jeans and making a pair of new capri's and a new jean skirt!
4) walking up the three flights of stairs to my apt and holding hands with the hubbs. I realized that doesn't happen often.
5) getting these little beauties in the mail! SCREEEAAM! (yes, I WON SOMETHING from here)
...(a full blog on these darling accessories to come)

8 comments:

the momma-kana said...

I had two pairs of really holy jeans that I thought I would re-make. I don't love them but THEY ARE NOT TRASHY!

McKay said...

Um...dinner every day this week? Did you forget about Tuesday?

Shellsea said...

Hiya, I'm a new follower. Just found your blog today. Can't wait to read more.

Congrats on the win!

shellseaoberski.blogspot.com

Shelby&BrandonOsmond said...

Haha oh i just love you two. Makana I'm sure they are not trashy.
Mckay don't ruin her moment. :)
And can I say i'm jealous you won. one day i will win a contest!

marcia said...

I've got to see a picture of the new capris and new skirt. I'm impressed and I want to copy you. I love how Mckay corrected you about dinners. Ha! And I remember even when Mckay was older (like in Jr. High hating me to wear lipstick especially red ha again how things change when it's his sweetheart.)

McKay said...

Nope Mom, you must have misunderstood her...I still can't stand red lipstick, even on her.

the momma-kana said...

true, he does hate it., But I like it and so does most everyone else so it is here to stay... unless it is a day I want lots and lots of kisses. Then no lipstick for me

marcia said...

oh nice to know and by the way congrats on winning Makana! Cute website

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...