Friday, April 15, 2011

Date idea: Around the world in 80 days

I was walking up the first of my three flights of stairs when it happened... a really, very good, fun idea! Wanna know what it is? Doya doya doya? Ok, please. stop. don't beg. I will just tell you.
 Remember this movie.

Of course you don't. Unless you are a Jacki Fan or a goofy-no-real-plot-movie fan. Which I am of course. :)

So for the next eighty days forty dates, (80 is like two years almost and a little long) I will be featuring a date from around the world. The top 40 of 2011 actually.  Yup, I am. I am doing and there is no stopping me. Every weekend (or about there) we will have a "themed date" revolving another country. Oh, you want to come to? You want to spice of your not always fun date nights? We must be twins. For more ideas, be sure to check out these two bloggers here and here. Because they sorta rock.
In fact, I will wait right here until you go check them out. Go ahead, I will wait....
........still waiting.......
Good, you are back. What did you think? I know right!!
Well you can get your first "stop" outta the way by going to (drumroll please)

AUSTRALIA!

If you missed the post over at Just Because I Said I Do, here it is for your viewing pleasure!
..........................................................................

Anyhoo... now that we have formalities outta the way, come on in! Have a seat! Can I get you some lemonade? How about some TIM TAMS? Or Milo? Or whatever else you drink in the land down undah' 'cause  I know you want to go there. Or go back. And here is your chance. You are welcome. 

It started with this little invite the night before. Don't fret my friends. I made it cute with leftover scrap paper
How are we traveling in style to Australia (well our TX version)
in my car. But did you catch that I AM DRIVING. Its kinda a big deal bc boys generally drive in my relationship. 
Our first stop was the zoo. Since down undah' there are loads of animals I thought we would go on a scavenger hunt for all sorts of animals. I found animals from Australia that would also be at our zoo. I laminated the paper and each person had a dry erase marker to check off what animals they saw. 
(If you wanted this to be really cheap you could find animals at the library or bookstore)
.............................................................................
{and here is where I 'ess-plain that I have managed to loose the scavenger chart in just 4 days so you will have to use your imagine chit-lins. Losing things, well, that happens quite a lot around me. Marbles???? }
..............................................................................................................................................................
yes, the monkey is in fact mooning me

two little cave men

Momma giraffe and new baby giraffe. 
And this is what inspired the date.... a high school fundraiser. 
Im sorta a big sucker for kids selling things. 
We had never been to Outback before as a couple so it was a FIRST! 
I heart firsts. 
And since this was to the zoo it was really kid-friendly so we brought along our favorite kid. 
(yours truly is on the right. The other right. The one WITHOUT heart-shaped glasses)

But we were not quite done so after stuffing ourselves like true Australians 
(I have no research to base that on btw)

We played a game that I KNOW is played in Australian because it involves Tim Tams and one of
my best friends is Australian and she told me about it so it must be true... 
(that was a really long sentence to say in one breath)
You have to eat as many as possible without using your hands. 
for the record... its hard. So back off!

Well I sure enjoyed sharing with you on my place and I can't promise it will always be clean or that I will have showered but I can promise it will be F-U-N! 
(and we will try to happy... even when potty training and that time-of-the-month)

so, want to come along? I will even take care of your travel plans. Just please add $1 million greenbacks to my paypal account. Um Thanks. :)
or you can just tell people how awesome and FABulous I am. Maybe I will do a giveaway. Maybe.... 

3 comments:

the lowes said...

this is sooo cute! What fun you are girl!! :) i love your writing, it cracks me up!!

Young People in Love said...

Hello!
THanks so much for your sweet comment! Your little family is adoramable! Seriously.

I'd love to do a post over here! Just lemme know :)
loves.

Liselle said...

you are FABULOUS! LOVE this. sooo cute!

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...