Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Simple Things

Sunday.
A day of worship.
The Holy Sabbath.
Reflection.
Re-commitment...

All these words come to my mind. This week there has been heart-wrenching pain. This week has been a week of realizing my faults. My Imperfections. It has been a time for me to reflect on life and the things that matter and just how precious each moment is. This whole year it seems has brought with it mostly moments or deep sorrow and despair....

loss of loved ones
loss of dreams
loss of not-so-important things (but I didn't think so at the time)
loss of two cell phones  (there is my attempt at comic relief and wit)

There are a few bright spots of love and life and surviving and being able to make it one more day.  And that is ok. It is imperfect like that. And it is in these bright, happy, peaceful times that I really feel that assurance and love from my Heavenly Father. That is what gets me through one valley to the next hill and even allows me to share that love with the people around me.

Even if I am slightly imperfect like these socks....


or this bunny....

tried to make them like this. Obviously it did not work out.
and I laughed.


We are all imperfect. We all have shortcomings. But we have talents. And we are unique. And I can do hard things.  

10 comments:

Dani said...

We have had loss as well this year...you keep going for who is still here. Blessings to you.

You should link your post up here...

http://amomseyeview-lulu.blogspot.com/2011/04/blue-plate-special-41511.html

:) Danielle

Janella said...

<3 u sis, n ure nothing less than AWESOME to me, ALWAYS!!

but its nice to have "human" moments where we go thru trial n such...but im def always here...

Jan B said...

your bunnies are darling. :) And I bet they were delicious, too!

Kristy said...

Your cupcake bunnies are too cute!!

jfb57 said...

What a truly wonderful post that has really made me stop & reflect. Thank you so much for that & I'm glad to have met you via Simple Things! Hello!
Julia

the lowes said...

love the post...and im sorry its been a rough year/season, I understand. But thankful for Gods redemption! thanks for sharing!

marcia said...

I thought of Elder Ballards talk when you wrote the simple things "the great things are wrought through simple and small things. Like the small flecks of gold that accumulate over time into a large treasure, our small and simple acts of kindness and service will accumulate into a life filled with love for Heavenly Father, devotion to the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, and a sense of peace and joy each t" I can't imagine you have any faults you are totally amazing to me.

Xnomads said...

I love those bunnies. I'm on the search for very cute & simple spring/Easter cupcakes so I had to come over and see how you made them. Thanks for sharing. Adorable!

Bemily said...

You are so inspiring and uplifting Makana. Just what I needed to hear. You're an amazing friend.
And I really love those cupcakes!! They turned out perfect!

Kelsi Hansen said...

Makana you are wonderful. Thank you for your posts. They really are wonderful as are you.

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...