Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Thoughts on the Treadmill: Part VI (6)

Really, I have only had six (6) thoughts on a treadmill?

Oh that's right, I DONT EVER USE THE TREADMILL.

Today (while on the treadmill) I remembered why. It is sorta hard. And then I remembered this quote I like to attribute to my very smart Mission President's wife, sweet Sister Galland.

I CAN DO HARD THINGS

Its one of my very most favorite quotes ever. And coming off of conference weekend, I am even more positive that I can do hard things. I can overcome them. And I also realized that it is precisely BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME that I will have trials and struggles. 

Like the mulberry bush. (you know which one I am talking about I am sure). 

  { BIG SIGH }

There is so much I want to be. And I often want to BE it now. Actually, make that yesterday. And while I am at it, I want it to be easy peasy chicken sqeezy. 

But I am made for tougher stuff. I am made for this time. And I am made to be great. 
......................................................................................
I am currently a wife first. 
Then a mom. 
A sister. 
Daughter. 
Cousin, niece, aunt, 
Friend, counselor, teacher. 

But most importantly, I am someone who knows that my Heavenly Father loves me. And I should never forget that ...
I CAN DO HARD THINGS
Like the Paleo diet
and getting to bed early
and running more on the treadmill (UGH)

5 comments:

Shelby&BrandonOsmond said...

Oh just what I needed to hear. Now the thought will run in my head "Remember Makana told me: I can do hard things." :) What a great post thank you.

Matt and Angelica said...

You can do it. I had a feeling you were thinking deep thoughts this morning :)

marcia said...

Ahh, it's so true how after listening to Conference the feeling of peace can envelop you and earthly trials don't seem as big or as important to worry about and new strength immerses.

The Sapp's said...

I love how inspiring this post was for me! I'll have to keep that quote in mind..."I can do hard things." Thanks for sharing!

the lowes said...

great post - i hear ya on the "ugh" though!

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...