Friday, June 24, 2011

New Orleans Shaved Ice

Shaved ice is VERY different from Snow-cones. Now I am not talking about the crunchy kind where all the syrup goes to the bottom. Shaved ice is very different. Its... well I think it has to be what every frozen drop of water hopes to transformed into. And if you have every visited hawaii and had shaved ice there, then you know exactly what I am talking about. 
So with it being friday and all, I thought I would share some good news. New Orleans style Shave Ice is veru very similar to hawaiian shave ice. 
Wanna bet? 
I was told about This little place on the corner of N. Eldridge and Grant by Kroger. 
thank you fail-safe camera phone and picplz driod app. 
There are two darling little ladies that run it, well, there were two when I went yesterday. 
I got a cream ice with condensed milk in pina~colada flavor. 
Hmmm...
heaven. 
Just tell 'em I sent ya. 

(and they probably will look at you funny since they don't know who I am)

No comments:

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...