Monday, July 18, 2011

Flirting when you are married and there is a big divider in the way so you can't see the other person.

I am a day late on posting my simple things. I am aware of that. But sometimes I accidently fall asleep after church for 3 hours and that makes me pretty much very sleepy for the rest of the day. Which then ensures that dinner consists of whatever one can make for themselves. And I am pretty sure I should have know since the toddler is in an all boots-all the time stage. 

And sometimes we end up having conversations like this the next day which makes it all worth it:
me: remember when you promised to bring me flowers all the time?
hubbs: well.... (thinking....) you lose everything I give you
me: (true) BUT... you said everything. That is a blanket statement. You can't say blanket statements
hubbs: are you really getting mad?
me: no. this is me trying to flirt (and truly I was. it is just hard when there is a big computer-hutch-divider in the way)
hubbs: well, I think about giving you flowers. It is the thought that counts
me: (he knows I really don not agree with this statement) ...well then why don't you just write a dozen notes saying they are flowers then! 
.... and then we laugh. And if it actually happened I am pretty sure I would just pee my pants. 
And that, my friends, is how it is done

No comments:

Soccer came and went

 We just finished up a 6 week soccer team. It was SO much fun. That's one of the things I LOVE about homeschooling is that there reall...