Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Typhoon Haiyan

Thank you all so much for your emails and texts of concern for the Philippines. It really has meant so much to know that you care. All the family is safe and well and I am grateful for that.

My church has an article you can read about Read more here and also a Humanitarian fund you can donate to. Donate here. The best part. 100% of your donations goes to the fund to help those affected bu things like this Typhoon or earthquakes etc. Since it is done via volunteers, people are not paid to help.

You can see pictures of the devastation here via buzzfeed. Its terrible, just fair warning. In all of this, I feel SO BLESSED to be in America... well, I am all the time anyhow. But really, to be able to have a safe place to go, to be able to be fed and clothed and be able to work and play and be home with my own children...

November is truly a month of thanksgiving but this year, I feel blessed beyond all measure. Below is a video made about my Filipino heritage and how we came to be reunited. Thanks for watching! 

2 comments:

makana hansen said...

Wonderful, Makana. I am so glad that your family is safe. Indeed it is so sad for the many thousands that are without. Thanks for giving us an update. Kim

makana hansen said...

Wow that was the most amazing video. I'm not even related and I started to cry through it and especially at the end. Divine intervention for sure. What a miracle and blessing.So glad your extended family is safe. Thanks for sharing that video.

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...