Saturday, November 23, 2013

Why this Mormon momma likes her little Family and 3 hours of church

Well, if we are being honest.... I don't always love 3 hrs of church each Sunday. Other days are harder than some but I will say, the Sundays that I don't go, my week is usually terrible. I really look forward to sitting with my friends through the RS Lessons and learning about my Savior. Once a month I even teach the lesson. Last month was on "Lord, I believe" .




Then comes Sunday School and these past few months have been about how to be a better spouse. We really love that class.

Then the last hour is Sacrament meeting. We pick up the kids from their classes and then find our usual spot in the chapel. The goldfish snacks come out as well as some favorite books to read the little ones. We sing and we pray together and take a bit of bread and a little cup of water.

As a kid I really liked that part because I was usually hungry. But as I have gotten older, I look forward to renewing my covenant to be more like my Savior. A lot of times my kids are a bit loud and always they are wiggly. And I used to get pretty stressed out bc it seems that everyone else has quiet kids. I don't mind if my kids are loud or wiggly. They are 5 and 1. But... I don't want to take away from others experience either. So I loved this talk and this idea

"Seldom able to concentrate on the Savior during the sacrament, she formed a plan. Now she tries to spend time each Saturday reviewing her week and thinking about her covenants and what she needs to repent of. “Then,” she says, “no matter what kind of an experience I have with my children on Sunday, I am prepared to partake of the sacrament, renew my covenants, and feel of the cleansing power of the Atonement.”"

I like being able to start my week with Christ. I love that I can be able to play on Sundays with my family. We go on walks, drive to the mountains and sometimes we just play outside. For me, its a day to be nourished. And during this month of being thankful, I am thankful for my little family, for 3 hours of church and to be a mormon momma

2 comments:

makana hansen said...

What a wonderful blog post Makana. I wish I could write my thoughts as well you. You are such a good example.And I love the pictures that went with. Good looking Mckay! What a stud.

makana hansen said...

I'd actually heard that idea before from an institute teacher. I think even if we don't have kids, it's a good idea to think about it the night before since sometimes, if our sacrament meeting is first, we don't have time to settle in and get in the right spirit. Our Sacrament meeting is last, like yours, and I actually may prefer it, as it allows me sufficient time to get prepared spiritually as I sit through the two previous classes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

It's a Wonderful Life and a GIVEAWAY!

Well, we have had Christmas decorations up since Nov 1 at my house. I decided there was no point in putting away Halloween to just move all ...